Series Thursdays presents & Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows D.I.Y. Shirt
After watching this tutorial by weshipdhr. I was inspired to make my own version of the Deathly Hallows Shirt last night.
If you want to do it too – you can watch the tutorial or follow along with my pics.
- Shirt (I got mine from Target $8.00)
- Acrylic black paint (Galeria $3.00)
- Square cut paint brush
- Stick of white charcoal/chalk
- Chalk out the design (I used a ruler first in the middle of the shirt for the straight vertical line. I then grabbed a bowl and outlined the circle. Then finally I used the ruler to draw a triangle that touched the top of the wand and the sides of the circle.)
- Go over the chalk with your black acrylic paint. I recommend doing a thin line to outline and then going over it more thickly. It just depends on how you want it to look.
- After the front has dried, flip the shirt over and draw three even horizontal lines. Then write a quote from the book. As you can see I chose “The Last Enemy That Shall Be Destroyed is Death.” Which in HP is the quote on Lily & James’ grave, but it is originally from the bible.
The final product?